LSU SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK
CHILD WELFARE TITLE IV-E STIPEND
Deadline: March 30, 2017
All materials (student application AND the three references) must be received by the Field Office, not postmarked, by this date.
Requirements for Stipend Program:
- Must be a full-time, advanced student in the LSU School of Social Work MSW program.
- Must meet internship requirements in a designated Department of Children and Family Service office.
- Must commit to work for the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services for a minimum of one year subsequent to being awarded the MSW degree
- Status of US citizen or permanent resident required.
- Complete two children and youth courses as the required electives.
- Participate in research regarding this program both as a student and later as an employee of DCFS.
- $8500.oo stipend for the academic year
- Textbooks provided
- Educational materials provided
- Attend educational conferences
- Participate in Child Welfare Training Academy Children’s Corp group with current and former stipend students.
*For more information
Please click here to download the LSU application and reference forms
- March 30, 2017: All materials (student application AND the three references) must be received by the Field Office, not postmarked, by this date.
- April 4, 2017: Child Welfare Stipend Interviews- you will be contacted once your completed packet has been received and reviewed.
The completed application and letters of reference should be returned to:
Elizabeth Kifer Routon, MSW, LCSW
Title IV-E Child Welfare Coordinator
Louisiana State University
School of Social Work
311 Huey P. Long Field House
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Questions about this application may be directed to Elizabeth Routon, Assistant Director of Field Education and Title IV-E Coordinator at email@example.com- 225-578-1268 -Fax -225- 578-8700