A Journey Home Session 2
8 hours total
About the course
Department of Children and Family Services
In session two, participants will learn about the partnerships they will be a part of within the foster care system. Participants will also be introduced to the Foster Parent’s role in helping a child form and transfer attachments.
1. Describe the characteristics of an effective partnership.
2. Identify the primary partnerships and describe their roles within the foster care system.
3. Explain how the case plan forms a roadmap to permanency for children, youth, and families.
4. Define the Foster Parent's role within the context of the case plan.
5. Explain how attachments are formed and their importance for a child’s mental health and define the Foster Parent's role in helping a child form and transfer attachments.
6. Define the Foster Parent's role as a family mentor and identify strategies for nurturing and promoting family connections and attachments.
steps to enroll
First log-in to the LCWTA LMS below. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Once you have logged in, click the link for your classification below to enroll and begin the training. If you do not see your classification then the course is not available to you at this time.