Mandatory Reporter Training
DCFS CW Professional
About the course
Department of Children and Family Services
Every day the safety and well-being of some children across Louisiana are threatened by child abuse and neglect. Mandated reporters play a crucial role in helping to keep children safe.
This training will help you learn your rights and obligations as a mandated reporter. In return, you will help keep children safe and build stronger families in Louisiana.
1. Recognize who is a mandated reporter and who is a permissive reporter.
2. Understand the legal obligations of a mandated reporter.
3. Organize a report of suspected abuse and/or neglect to DCFS through either the Child Abuse Hotline or the Online Mandated Reporter Portal, and how to submit a follow-up report.
4. Recognize the signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect.
5. Identify groups of children at higher risk for abuse/neglect.
steps to enroll
First log-in to the LCWTA LMS below. Don't have an account? Create one now!
Once you have logged in, click the link for your classification below to enroll and begin the training. If you do not see your classification then the course is not available to you at this time.